In this drawing tutorial I explain how to draw realistic lips and mouth. It is a do’s and don’ts step by step art tutorial, you will see common mistakes beginners often make and my tips how to fix them to improve your drawings and make them look more realistic. I will explain all the basic steps so you can easily follow them and draw with me! I hope these tips will be helpful for you! If yes please give the video thumbs up and hit that subscribe button because many new art tutorials are coming soon.
Please take these tips only as suggestions when you want to learn to draw realistic lips and mouth. Do not take them as mandatory rules.
1) How to get the basic proportions of lips / mouth right: 00:25:09
2) How to create realistic shading of lips / mouth: 02:26:09
3) How to draw realistic details / texture: 09:24:05
4) How to add highlights to the drawing: 11:44:10
Note: I made this tutorial about 2 years ago on my Instagram account, I share it on my YouTube channel for the first time. In the meantime, there have been few don’ts and do’s videos on YouTube, but I decided to share my own version of it. This is the way I actually draw lips myself. I try to use little different process, tools and techniques from other artists.
Learn to draw with me on my PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/silviemahdal
TOOLS / DRAWING MATERIALS I use for my realistic drawings:
– Smooth Bristol paper
– Graphite pencils
– Blending stump for blending details
– Soft paintbrush for blending larger drawings
– Pencil eraser for precision erasing
– Kneaded eraser for erasing larger parts
FIND me also here:
YouTube Audi Library
#howtodrawlips #arttutorial #dontsdos